New to SUP?
Which board should I buy?
- Here at Bluefin, we’ve created a SUP for everyone. Our boards have been carefully designed for a wide range of abilities, heights, weights & types of paddling, meaning many different factors need to be considered before buying a board.
- If you’re a total newcomer to paddleboarding, we recommend our Cruise model as a great all-rounder for beginners. For more information on which SUP is best for you, check out our ultimate guide.
What paddle should I get?
- Paddles are an essential part of successful paddleboarding. Selecting the right option is crucial, as the wrong paddle could make your experience a lot more challenging than necessary.
- Here at Bluefin, we produce three types of adjustable paddle: fibreglass, aluminium or carbon fibre.
- Both are super lightweight and easy to use, featuring a tough polyurethane blade. A fibreglass shaft weighs 35% less than standard aluminium paddles, and offers increased rigidity and durability.
- However, a carbon fibre paddle shaft weighs 40% less than aluminium options, and delivers up to 3x more rigidity and durability.
- As a result, we recommend fibreglass paddles for beginners or leisurely paddlers. But if you’re an avid SUPer frequently engaging in aggressive racing or touring, our carbon fibre paddle is more suitable.
Can kids SUP?
- Absolutely yes! We’ve created a SUP for everyone, including children.
- Our Cruise Junior board has been specifically designed for kids and small adults, allowing kids to SUP safely without being overwhelmed by a board that’s too big.
Is SUP difficult to learn?
- On the contrary, stand up paddleboarding is considered one of the easiest water sports to learn. Provided you’re willing to spend a few hours getting used to the water and perfecting your balance, virtually anyone can learn how to SUP.
- To discover more about learning to SUP for the first time, check out our blog where we explore how easy paddleboarding really is!
Do I need paddleboarding lessons?
- As we believe anyone can learn to SUP, paddleboard lessons may not be 100% necessary.
- But if you’re especially nervous and struggle to feel confident on the water, there’s absolutely no shame in getting a little extra help! Plenty of great SUP lessons are available, with a simple Google search being all you need to find your best local options.
How do I inflate my SUP?
- There are two methods of inflating your iSUP: using a handheld or electronic pump.
- All our SUPs come with a handheld dual-action pump, equipped with an accurate high-pressure PSI gauge. Simply connect the pump to your board’s valve, and you’re ready to inflate. Your SUP inflates with both the up and downstroke of the pump, saving time in the process.
- Or if you’re after an even easier result, our electronic pump can inflate your board in as little as 15 minutes.